Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Constant Friend, My Faithful Partner and My One True Love


November 13, 2010 was a magical day for me. The day I pledged my life and love to D. It was a day that I wish everyone can have. I woke up that morning knowing it was the first day to the rest of my life. The excitement inside of me and peace in my heart was immeasurable. I was anxious about all the details coming together but I mostly felt pure Joy. I was excited to create the memories of the day that would last a lifetime. I woke up in a hotel room with my sister and her kids. I was greeted first thing in the morning by "happy wedding day Mimi!" from my precious 4 year-old niece Megan. Through every step that day, taking a shower, getting dressed, arriving at the venue to decorate, I knew through everything that I was just one step closer to committing my life to the man of my dreams.

The help from everyone who showed up was overwhelming and humbling. What a blessed person I am to have as many people as I did helping to make this the best day of my life. My whole family was there, my uncle Gary from Minnesota, Grandpa Wyland from Arizona, Jon, Jill and Kaci. My sweet D came too to help and make sure everything turned out the way that I imagined. Throughout the whole day more and more people kept showing up to help. I have etched in my mind baby Joshua sleeping in his stroller, Megan walking around in her princess shoes, Kelly still working hard despite a bloody nose, Kristie steaming linens, Stacy tying chair covers, Dad up on a ladder hanging my white pom poms, Mom helping with everything and making sure everyone was ok and letting me cry with her on the stairs when I got a little too overwhelmed. And then of course there was Jill and Kaci, literally being my hands and feet and my brain! This wedding would not have happened without my incredible family and friends.

One of the best moments of the day was when it was time for D and I to get our pictures taken together. Everyone else left the ballroom (except the photographer) and D was waiting at the altar for me. I walked towards him and could no longer contain my joy or my tears. Here in front of me was the man that chose me. The man whom I love more than anyone else and the man I most respect and admire. The smile on his face, the tears in his eyes, and the love in his touch only cemented my love for him and my desire to spend the rest of my life adding to his happiness. It was a moment I will hold in my heart for the rest of my life. Just the two of us celebrating in our genuine and authentic love and care for one another.

In the end, it was perfect. The wedding I always imagined and it was like a fairy tale to me. I will never forget taking my daddy's arm and beginning the walk towards my future. I saw D's face and everything and everyone else faded away, it was he and I in this beautiful room filled with candlelight and joy. So I never forget, I want to record the vows I spoke to him that night. With the Lords help, they will stay in my heart always and I will strive to fulfill them everyday.

I, Tami, take you, D, to be my husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my one true love. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I pledge my undying love to you. I promise to stand by your side as we seek to serve the Lord together, to share with you God's plan for our lives together united in Christ. I promise to love you, honor you, respect you and cherish you. I promise to laugh with you in times of joy and cry with you in times of sorrow. Today, I give you my hand, and my heart from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.





3 comments:

Shar said...

We are so happy for our little girl! Our hearts swell with joy for the both of you! God is so faithful! Love you both so much!

Miss Whats-her-name said...

Yay! Love the pics so far!

Kevin and Erica said...

that was beautiful how you described your wedding day, it brought tears to my eyes! love you friend and I'm so happy for the two of you :)